Click the article for pictures.
To change Allstar to use a # instead of * for the function character change these lines in rpt.conf. Reason this was done is because the repeater controller utilized * to initiate autopatch.
funcchar = # ; function lead-in character (defaults to ‘*’) endchar = * ; command mode end character (defaults to ‘#’)
Another issue we ran into was we had the duplex mode in usbradio.conf set to 0 which only allowed the controller to tx or rx at any given time. Changing this to 1 allowed us to send DTMF commands to the controller when it was transmitting.
Defining Functions in Allstar
Define these functions in /etc/asterisk/rpt.conf in the functions section.
1=ilink,1 ; disconnect link = *1<node>
2=ilink,2 ; monitor link = *2<node>
3=ilink,3 ; connect link transceive = *3<node>
4=ilink,4 ; remote command = *4<node>
5=macro,1 ; execute macro = *5<macro#>
70=ilink,5 ; system status
71=ilink,11 ; disconnect permanently connected link = *71<node>
72=ilink,12 ; connect link permanent monitor = *72<node>
73=ilink,13 ; connect link permanent transceive = *73<node>
75=ilink,15 ; play full system status
76=ilink,6 ; disconnect all links
77=ilink,16 ; reconnect previously disconnected links Continue reading
After doing a release upgrade
from Ubuntu 12.04 to 14.04 my websites were going to the default vhost for apache. After looking at /etc/apache2/apache2.conf it had changed from looking for .cfg to .conf for the vhosts files. I just added the .cfg in addition to the .conf so both files would work at around line 218 in apache2.conf to include the virtual host configuration.